Thursday, February 19, 2009

Duz eneeone no how to spel?


So, today marks the annual Spellathon at Tatum and Keegans school. They each brought home a list of words about a month ago to learn how to spell. Keegs has 20 words and Tates, 50. Keegan was so dissapointed when he saw his list and clearly stated with tears in his eyes, "Mom, these words are way to easy for me, I wish that they gave me harder ones." He was so sad that they weren't challenging enough for him. I, of course, told him to enjoy these school days that aren't a challenge because one day, school might become really hard for him. I hope not, but realistically, something is going to be hard......
My two kids are super spellers. They have gotten 100% on every spelling test this year so far. I wish that I could take some credit for it...you know, helping them review their words etc. but it usually is the morning of the test and they inform me that we haven't practiced all week and not to worry mom, they've got it covered. I love having little genius's for kids.
Tatum and Keegan love to learn. I love this. We are really trying to "direct" our children to love school and learning. The discovery channel is always on at our house and the kids are always quick to share anything that they learned or found interesting. It's pretty fun learning from my kids and it's encouraging me to find a love for learning.
From super spellers to kids who love to dress-up with diapers on their heads, they are the light of my life! Oh yes, and please excuse me if I spelled anything wrong in this post........they didn't get their spelling abilities from me!!!

1 comments:

(me)linda said...

I'm a terrible speller! My poor kids are going to be screwed if they ever need help with homework.