Thursday, February 26, 2009

Miss Pollyanna


Ever play the glad game...
Today is a good day to play the glad game.......we finally got the cold and flu bug at our house. I am so glad this year that we really haven't gotten sick at all. So yesterday was spent lysoling everything....every surface, every handle etc. I even went to the extreme of washing all the bedding, vacuuming mattresses and cleaning everything that I could think of.


I`m glad that we`re all sick because it's been fun having the kids home and watching movies all day long and pretty much not doing anything. Yesterday we watched Spiderman, 1 and 2, Transformers and Apollo 13. On today's menu, Indiana Jones, Miss Congeniality 2 and maybe National Treasure.


Another positive that Ryan pointed out was that we are all sick now so in a week when he head out for our vacation, we'll all just have gotten over our sick and we'll have a great vacation, not being sick!


I'm glad for all of this......that was for my sister who called me Pollyanna a month ago because I'm trying to see the good side of things. Seriously, Pollyanna rocks.....her and her glad game.....try it sometime. There is always something to be glad about......


So today, I`m glad to spend time with my sick kids and I`m glad to be sick right now, since that means that I`ll feel better next week, and I`m so glad that it`s minus 25 right now outside because next week, I`ll enjoy the nevada and california warmth that much more......


What are you glad about today..........

9 comments:

Jenie said...

This is a good idea! It definitely makes you think about the things you have to be grateful for instead of focusing on what is going wrong. Thanks, I needed this right now.

tallmama said...

I'm glad because...urrr...umm..
I'm glad that...........ahhhhh
hmmm I'm glad I'm...rrr..mmm..ahh

give me a day or so.. I'll think of something...

Greg said...

Nevada..California? Are you stopping by?

Anonymous said...

Oh Im glad you played the glad game now i'm glad to go to the libary and borrow Pollyanna now you got me in the mood to watch it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are glad. I'm going to be glad today to have Dad!

Gibb Family said...

Im glad i get to move all by myself today because that means i have a new house. And that it is freezing outside so when i get in the house i appreciate the warmth.

Jason Alisynn and kids said...

I'm GLAD I will get to see all of you healthy people in a week!!! I am so excited! xox

Megan said...

good idea!! today I needed to play that big time! I had to babysit and it was a nut house for a bit but at least the kids were all having fun! I loved that show when I was a kid, Now I want to watch it!! I am now seriously going to try to play that game every day im sure it will do me a workd of good!!

leslie s said...

What a great way to view things!! Sounds like you all could use the break!! Hope your trip is AWESOME!!