Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dangers of Making Apple Crisp....

I ordered two boxes of apples through the church and they arrived last week. Everyone was sick and I didn't feel great so I just left them in the box. I decided this past Friday and Saturday that it was now time to get those apples taken care of. I started in on making apple crisp on Friday and was pleased when I got 8 done for the freezer. I still had so many apples so I called my Mom, in sheer desperation, asking her what the heck I could do with the rest of the apples. She had given me her Victorio Strainer years back and reminded me that I could make apple sauce. This was late at night so I went to bed with visions of beautiful bottles of applesauce lining my food storage shelf. I got up bright and early on Saturday morning because it felt almost like Christmas morning......yes, roll your eyes....what a nerd I am.... Anyways, I shortly realized that a peice was missing to the Strainer and that it was not in the cards for me to make applesauce. So, I got Ryan enlisted to help me make more applecrisp. Yeah, what do you get when you mix 30 kgs of apples, christmas music, diet pop and an engineer.............


THIS.......






Needless to say, we were done making apple crisp when we couldn`t find the peice of his finger and nail in the mix.....

3 comments:

SunShine said...

haha! Well It only curbed my appetite for apple crisp for a minute! If you need to get rid of some...you know where I live ;)

KD said...

Mmmmmmmmm Yummy!

(me)linda said...

Ewwww...bummer all that yummy crisp had to go to waste!