Friday, January 7, 2011

I hate new years resolutions....


Why set new years resolutions???? Because that's the thing to do on Jan 1st of every year??? I never make new year resolutions. I like setting goals in my own way and on my own schedule. On that note, I did make one goal for the new year. I have this pipe dream that someday when my kids are all grown up and married, I can give them a beautiful chest that their dad made for them that are all full of quilts. Baby ones, snuggly ones, queen size for beds etc. Hence my new years goal for this year. I am going to get 12 quilts done this year, one for each month. They aren't all quilted ones etc. Some are rag quilts, perfect for snuggling. I've already got two under my belt. I made Scoutty a toy story rag quilt, crib size, that she loves to snuggle in to watch Toy Story and who is snuggled in there with her, you might ask??? Her Woody doll, of course. I made Ryan a rag quilt for his birthday. It's a double size. Plenty big enough for us to cuddle under while watching hockey!!! I've got enough fabric for 10 out of the 12 quilts so I"m pretty excited to get to pick out some new fabrics for two of them. Wish me luck. My kids probably wont really appreciate them when they get older cause they get new blankets all of the time but at least they'll know that their Mommy loved them, everytime they use one!

6 comments:

Jason Alisynn and kids said...

You are WAY to ambitious! I love the idea of quilting, quilting, quilting, but alas, I just don't have the time...but I do have time to enjoy the pics of yours!! They are so cute!

kerstin said...

I think that is an awesome resolution! Those blankets look so cute, the look very snuggly! I'm not near as ambitious as you are. My girls will get new quilts for Christmas each year that way I have a whole 12 months to work on them. ;) Can I steal your chest idea? If I can convince Brian to make them one that would be so cool!

Woodwards said...

Fun idea! And because your kids see you quilting so much - the quilts will remind them to do what they love to do.

You're cool - a cool Mom and a cool friend! Love you!

Liesel said...

I agree - very ambitious. Can't wait to see the finished projects.

Megan said...

where did you get the cute toy story material?? It is so cute, Kaden would love it!! Im sure, in the States, right??

Miss Me said...

Megan...actually just at Fabricland!!