Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'll miss it one day......but not today!

Yesterday, Scoutty and I made dinner for some people. In the middle of the process, she got into the flour. She was having a great time until I saw what she was doing. Needless to say, she had to be taken outside to get "dusted" off. I was grouchy with her because she had just made more work for me to clean up. After I got her settled watching a movie with some treats, I headed back to the kitchen to clean up. This is what I found.......





I have friends that are years wiser than me. Their children are gone and it's just them and their hubbies in VERY QUIET HOUSES. Everyone of them tell me that one day I'll miss all the noise and the chaos. I always roll my eyes and say whatever. It's hard to see that when I'm in the trenches of noise and chaos. But yesterday, seeing Scoutty's little feet prints on the chair, I realized....Yes, I will miss it. It was a great little reminder to me to enjoy all the little moments a little bit more because they will be gone soon enough. Thanks for the flour mess Scoutty....it smartened your mama up!!!

1 comments:

The Stannix's said...

Love the picture! Thanks for sharing :)