Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Random ramblings of a single mom.......

Okay, so I'm not single but let's face it.....it's spring, the ground is thawing and thus I will be acting as a single parent for the next 6 months. I'm okay with it...I just realize that it is the reality of my life and thus I am coping. I'm pretty darn excited to go to Utah for easter.....cause that means that I'm with hubby 24/7 for 5 days and we can catch up on all of our visiting and NO WORK! Don't get me wrong...I appreciate his job because it's going to pay the the buttload of stuff that I'm planning on purchasing down there, it just would be nice to see him more. But we just keep looking at the silver lining in everything.....he makes a good wage, we have $$ for some extras here and there, he is appreciated at work and his work is valued and most of all, he doesn't have to get dirty doing it...yes, that is a positive. I love having a husband that comes home from work smelling the same as when he left that morning....silly, I know but hey, I'm really trying to find positives and that's the best I could come up with!

Tatum had her choir concert on Monday night. She did so well. Her school choir sang with the city Symphony Orchestra so that was pretty cool. She is starting to get so grown up. It's fun and I hate it, all at the same time.

Keegan is just busy with cubs. He enjoys going every week and hanging out with the other boys. They usually play dodge ball at the end of cubs which is good since he needs to be toughened up. Living with 2 sisters, he's not super tough but he sure tries to be brave when he's smacked in the head with a ball.

Scoutt is getting huge. She looks like a little toddler now....no more baby. She doesn't say very much so she'll be going to a speech therapist in the next few weeks. She loves just wandering around all day and playing by herself. Her latest thing is that she is fascinated with belly buttons so she tries to lift up everyone's shirts and look at their belly buttons.....get's a little awkward in public.

I am just busy running kids, cleaning the house, and trying to keep from going postal on everyone and everything. Wish me luck with that.....the next 6 months might be long!

2 comments:

Gibb Family said...

I'm all alone the next 6 months too so we need to get together...for real! :)

LL said...

We're going to Utah for easter, too! Maybe we'll see you there - we'll just look for the car overflowing with bags from Target! Have a great time!